is basically food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically having high sugar or carbohydrate content and associated with childhood and home cooking. Is food that not only comforting to the taste buds, but all the senses.
Food that provides a sense of comfort and puts your mind at ease. Food that makes you forget your troubles, and set you in peace...
SO, I decided to share two of the foods I consider comfort food..
Expected ? well, chocolate is well known at making people happy and relaxed.
This recipe is good for those who crave sweets as comfort food.
The ingredients are basic, but this version has a tiny little change in it.
-1 cup of milk
-50 grams of dark chocolate
- any flavoring substance ( vanilla extract, cinnamon,....)
- Using real chocolate instead of hot chocolate mix will make it creamy, rich, and of course comforting-
1. Chop up your chocolate very finely. Using a double boiler method met the chocolate. To make sure the chocolate doesn't burn, stir it every 30 seconds.
2. heat up the of milk and leave it aside until the chocolate is ready.
3. When the chocolate is completely melted, add it to the milk and stir them very very well.
If you love savory stuff, this is perfect for you
For me, mash potato is the ultimate comfort food, It's so creamy, so rich, and so warm (mmm, best thing ever)
1. Boil the potatoes for 40 minutes, peel them, and let cool for a bit.
2. In a food processor, add all the ingredients at once, blend on medium speed, you want to reach a rich consistency, season it with salt to balance the flavors.
-If you don't have a food processor, you can use a mashing tool, yet the consistency won't be the same-
Then basically serve, it can be topped with some olive oil, or plain as your choice.
To be continued...