Who doesn't love popcorn?, it's so great when watching movies, it's considered healthy; as it fills the tummy fast and doesn't contain a lot of calories - but not today's recipe- , and it's delicious !.
If you're like me, and you can't decide between salt or caramel because you love both, then you should give this recipe a try.
preheat your oven to 180C/350F
1. Cook your kernels the way you do, then when they're done, leave them to cool a bit on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
2. In a sauce pan add in : the butter, the sugar, and the syrups mixture, stir them gently then turn on the stove and let the butter melt, leave it until simmer, then remove it off the stove.
3. Add the vanilla for some sort of flavour, then add the baking soda, you will notice that the mixture starts to change colour and bubble a bit.
4. Pour the sugary syrup over the popcorn, stir them to distribute it evenly, then in the oven it goes for twenty minutes, and under the grill for ten minutes to get toasty, you want a nice caramelly colour in the end.
- rotate the sheet in the middle of the time, to be cooked evenly-
- time may vary so be careful not to get so dark it might burn-